Abraham asked in SportsBasketball · 2 months ago

Did you know that if the NBA was like college basketball the Bulls would have only won two championships in the ninties instead of six?

96 and 97 were the only two years they didn't lose game 1 of a post season series, but in college the fact that that one game is do or die means that both teams play it like it's life or death, meanwhile in the NBA it's possible that the favored team might be saving their energy for other games in order to avoid injuries in game one because you have to win four games in order to eliminate your opponent.

Update:

And the underdog team is playing game 1 like it's a college tournament game, because they're trying to prove people something, even though they have to win three more after that and usually don't succeed at doing so, especially if they're gong against someone as good as Michael Jordan.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

It was Bill Russell.

I am a sports fan who is a fan of 2 sports radio shows. They discuss all sports topics. If you are interested to call in their sports radio show which is called, "730 The Game" feel free to call them. Their shows phone number is, 704-332-0173. Their radio show is on Monday to Friday, 7am ET to 9:55am ET. Also they have their afternoon show 3pm ET 6:55pm ET.

Another radio show is called, "Jerry Eaves" radio show. It is Monday to Friday, 12:05pm ET to 12:55pm ET. The phone number to the show is 502-571-1080. I am a fan of 2 sports radio shows.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • jared
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Do we know this for sure lol

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

What I know is if the NBA followed college basketball rules, the play styles won't be that exciting, the season would be very short, players won't earn that much and won't be idolized and basically, we won't have an NBA to talk about. It will just be another "tournament" of sorts for aged-college graduates who never found anything better to do.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.