Frederick asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 2 months ago

Why do many countries bordering China have very few infected with coronavirus,while it has spread widely in Europe and North America?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

authoritarian regimes find it easier to get the people to comply with 'stay home' orders.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Most of the countries bordering China have little in the way of cross-border traffic.  For example, the average Laotian does not visit another province in their lifetime, let alone another country. Same for Mongolia, North Korea, etc. 

Another factor is that most of these countries are ruled by authoritarian governments that can easily lock down large populations and compel compliance; the same regimes may under-report or deny cases of viral infection because they control the medical departments and media. 

• Really!  You just answered your own question!  Think about it!  :D

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They do not have the capacity for more testing in their hospitals etc like countries in Europe and North America, that is why it SEEMS that they have very few infected with the coronavirus. I am sure there is a very high number of unreported cases. And also democracies are usually more open and a free press where as in countries like Russia, Vietnam etc. have more propaganda. Exceptions are Japan and Taiwan (islands that can be closed off!).

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Perhaps, contrary to what I have seen posted on Yahoo without evidence, whites are actually more susceptible than Asians to this virus.

• 2 months ago

Because the East Asian nations got hit hard by the SARS outbreak in 2004.

They were prepared and stomped on it hard to slow the spread. 

• 2 months ago

chinese like to visit europe and usa / canada

• 2 months ago

There are 14 countries that surround China. I have included a link that shows the totals for every country affected by the virus as well as a map to indicate the countries on the border of China.

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I don't believe that is true.  We don't know how many are actually infected, anywhere.

What you're looking at is confirmed cases, which is dependent on testing.

It's regrettable that you lack the hardware to tell the difference.

• 2 months ago

China's border isn't exactly open.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.