Gen
Lv 4
Gen asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Sep. of Church and State means I can worship where I want with hordes of people, it works both ways..right Libby?

You show me where in any law, constitution, etc, where the Church must listen to the State.. Seperation works both ways even in these Covid19 times

Update:

nobody showed me any rulings, laws, etc.. I win, you fail

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

If that is your desire, nobody is going to stop you.   But, do not start crying the blues if you do get the virus. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Yes and no . You can pray anywhere as long as it doesn’t effect others freedom.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

All this means is no state can make a law disregarding any religion.

• 2 months ago

I'm not sure how the Supreme Court would deal with this, Conny, but so far the pastors have been using common sense and I think they will continue to do so, or the great majority.  I have the right to separate myself from idiots, and so do store owners. Word gets around.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Murzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Not if it endangers other people.

• 2 months ago

Separation of church and state doesn't mean that religious people are somehow magically exempt from laws or social practices.  It means that religion is not meant to be used as a basis for law-making.  Everyone still needs to follow laws and government health codes regardless of people's religious convictions.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.