Don't Atheists ever get tired of parroting the problem of evil?

Which part of free will and people reaping what they've sown don't you understand. I'm tired of answering this kind of questions

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Favourite answer

They can't get tired, dear.  Atheists know that the 'problem of evil' is their best hope, and they keep touting it, even though it's based on ignorance.

It goes like this, dear:

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent."

God is willing and able to prevent evil, dear.

"Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent."

God is willing and able to prevent evil, dear.

Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?

God is willing and able to prevent evil, dear.  And if you had studied the Holy Bible, you would know God created evil too.

Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

God is willing and able to prevent evil, dear.  And if you had studied the Holy Bible, you would know that evil is only temporary, and could have learned the lessons of patience it has!

As you can see dear, their argument is based on ignorance, but sadly it's the best they have so they keep preaching it out of fear their atheism is fading away if they don't, but it's fading away anyhow.

• ...Show all comments
    • Crim Liar
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Just to get this clear, your god is not omnipotent, is malevolent, created evil, and you are still prepared to call it god!!!!  So you've gone beyond ignoring reality and are now even ignoring your own writings!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

I don't use that one.

I simply ask for testable, repeatable, consistent evidence for the existence of ANY God or Goddess.    IF IF IF  you would provide some, there would be no more atheists.

We might still be smug, annoying little turds, but we would not be smug, annoying little ATHEIST turds!

• 2 months ago

What’s so hard about understanding free will and reaping what you sow? 

• Broton
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Irrelevant

• 2 months ago

What does not believing in supernatural claims with no evidentiary support have to do with this?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

In the Book of Matthew, Jesus said that whomever believes in him will have eternal life (not necessarily in heaven, it might be in hell). Matthew (a human, not a God) heard Jesus say this and "assumed" that he meant "heaven." This means that murderers, rapists, and assorted felons will be joining you in heaven. Did they reap what they sowed? It seems to me that anyone can sow evil throughout their whole life and if they believe in Jesus they will reap equally with the most pious Christian. Are there more benefits that murderers don't get? Where is this written in the bible? Is this made up by humans? If so, it is not of God.

• 2 months ago

I'm with you. This seems to be the answer to about half the questions asked by nonbelievers and followers of God. I have never understood why it is so misunderstood.

Life's a choice; so choose already and quit asking the same question over and over again. It's God or Satan, that's it. There's no third option. On or off, chocolate or vanilla, yes or no, Christ or Antichrist. Get it now?

• 2 months ago

You surely must admit that a world in which there are worms eating innocent babies' eyes and cities destroyed by volcanoes and earthquakes is a little difficult to justify? And I say that as a theist.

• 2 months ago

You guys still don't have a good answer, just lame excuses. If it was people reaping what they sowed, evil people would always suffer and good people would always be rewarded. Children would never suffer. That's demonstrably untrue.

• EddieJ
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I never make that argument.  I simply point out that there is no empirical evidence for any deities nor any logical reason to think anything supernatural exists.

The universe makes a lot more sense when viewed as the result of entirely natural processes.

Free will may be an illusion.  People often don't reap what they sow.  You only see what you want to see.

• ...Show all comments
    • Caesar
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

These user is a serial blocker of atheist, but he never is tired of asking and try to insult  atheism or atheists... The Satan, Evil thing is parroted by Christians trying to sell their afterlife thematics parks of eternal punishment, their love, peace and forgiveness marketing lie sound so real...

• 2 months ago

God has given you an amazing ability to ignore the wickedness of this world, should we choose to do so.

May I suggest mustering up all your inner strength and IGNORE the parrots when they come squawking in your face?

Source(s): The power of Christ compels you
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.