Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

I give up. ‼️‼️?

I’ve tried and tried to get pregnant with my fiancé. I finally got pregnant and miscarried at 3 months. A year ago. I’ve started back trying and nothing but disappointment every month. All my friends are becoming pregnant and carrying to term while I’m here wishing and praying I could just see a positive result. Is there something wrong with me? My doctor said I was fine but obviously something is wrong. Why can’t I get pregnant? I’ve been in a depressing stage ever since the miscarriage. My fiancé really doesn’t care too much about it which scares me. If I can’t give him a child, he’ll just go and find someone who can. 

Did your doctor test your fiancé? If not, that's what should happen next. About 40% of the time, there's a problem with the man.

I think you should be more concerned that your fiancé isn't marrying you. What's that about? If he can't commit to you, why should you commit to a child with him?

Try another guy for a few months.

If you are only seeing a primary care doctor, I would go to an OB/GYN or ask for a referral to a fertility specialist. The other issue you have is do you really want to spend your life with someone who is dismissive of how this impacts you and will "just go find someone" else? Maybe it's a blessing in disguise you haven't had a child with him.

• LizB

Have you both consulted with a fertility specialist, as opposed to just your OBGYN? You're assuming the problem is with you, but in 40% of cases where a couple is struggling to get pregnant, the issue is male-factor. 20% of the time it's both partners. If your fiance isn't also being evaluated then you're missing information.