How come are Amerindians "mongoloid" if they have non-slanted eyes (for the most part) and have double eyelids?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Ive see image of pure amerindians such as the Mayans and they look mongoloid to me. They have the flat faces and their eyes DO look Asian. I suggest you look at pure amerindians, not mixed ones.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

One common phenotypic trait that is associated with those of the Mongoloid group are double eyelids, which Amerindians often possess

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The 17th century pseudoscientific hypothesis that humans come in "races" and that "mongoloid" is one of them was proven to be bollocks around 1950.

There's a hypothesis - it's called "the beringstrait-hypothesis" -  that amerindians descended from asians

• 2 months ago

Native Americans/Amerindians descend from Native Siberian Peoples who migrated across the Bering Strait into the Americas around 12,000-15,000 years ago. The term "Mongoloid" groups (East Asians,Central Asians,Native Americans,Native Siberians, Southeast-Asians,Micronesians & Polynesians) together. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

That's because amerindians tend to have flat faces and low brow ridges like Asians, they still have significant features that mark them as different from East Asians. I'm half Amerindian and half Eurasian, if i get black hair, bleach my skin, get slant eye surgery and get a j-rock hairstyle, you would mistake me for an East Asian person and if i did, i could get away with it since i have Asian in me.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Ťhať was the made up category tha I8c

so-called Scienists put them in until it was

found out this entire idea of race is pure

rubbish :)

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Most East Asians actually have double eyelids and they are still Mongoloid. Its just that they are often presented with single eye lid so people think Asian means having a single eye lid. Just like most whites have brown eyes but a lot of non whites think most whites have blue eyes.

• 2 months ago

DNA research projects have shown that North American Indians are part Asian and part European.  It's frowned upon to use the 'mongloid' word.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.