Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 2 months ago

what is so bad about young people getting together for corona virus parties?

it makes perfect sense. they all catch it together and get it over with. then when they recover they're immune to the disease and they never need to worry about it again. that's what mothers would do to their children for diseases like measles and chicken pox before vaccines for childhood diseases were developed. one kid would catch it and the mother would expose all the other children to the sick child so they could all catch it and get it over with.

kieth, the corona virus is NOT influenza. it's a totally different virus. and the only reason people can catch the flu multiple times is because the influenza virus mutates each year into new strains. the corona virus so far has remained fairly stable offering great hope for immunity and an effective vaccine.

bone alone: yeah, so they're quarantined for two weeks. we're all being told to stay home now anyway for the next month. better to be quarantined now when we're home alone already than catch it later when you're back at work and need to take two weeks sick leave.

It’s nothing wrong with it at all. Some of my friends went to a Coronavirus sex party the other day and none 0 of them got infected. They said that there was around 25 people there to. The only thing is you should make sure that you party indoors or in a private fenced back yard because the stupid police can apparently give you ticket in some places.

Source(s): It’s not really my thing but do as you please

There are a lot of problems with that scenario:

a) Will the young people remain in quarantine and not have any contact to the outside world? It'll be more than two weeks, because not everyone will get infected on day one, the disease itself can last more than two weeks, and then there's the additional symptom free days after being sick to make sure that you are no longer contagious.

b) Even though the death rate is lower for young people, some will still die, some will need hospital care, and the hospitals will be, if they aren't already, struggling with the extra influx of patients. It goes against the whole point of flattening the curve.

c) Not enough is known about Corvid-19. Immunity might not be guaranteed. If you look at the research from Island, there are a lot of mutations already.

d) I'm from that generation where we had rubella, measles, chickenpox, and mumps as children and build up immunity that way. I still have the scars from chickenpox and I was sick as a dog when I had measles, the risk of going blind was very real at one point, but at least I wasn't as sick as my friend who almost died. There's a reason why the MMR vaccine was made.

e) The other issue with the measles and chickenpox analogy is that a lot of people had had these diseases already. My parents had had them, my aunts, uncles, grandparents, all the adults I had contact with and most of the older children, including some of the younger ones had had them (I had them late). So the whole contagion premise is different.

From a Darwinian aspect, it's a great idea.  The human gene pool could use a little chlorine, so why not let all the idiots get infected.  Best thing for our species, really.

Let's all have VIRTUAL coronavirus parties. Much safer and less dumb. 

I see nothing wrong with it; it will kill off the idiots...

• Jimmy2 months agoReport

You may be that idiot!

Because those kids presumably don't live alone and will go home and spread it to demographics more likely to die from it or to end up on a ventilator for 3 weeks and perhaps suffer permanent lung damage. And some of those kids will of course become ill and die themselves--young people are not immune and over the last few weeks there are increasing cases of mortality in under 30's.

To say nothing of the fact that if everyone was sick at one the hospitals  could not cope--many are struggling now--and people who would have lived will die because of no ventilators.To say nothing of people with other medical emergencies like heart attack, stroke, accident etc. It also seriously wouldn't be fair on the front line workers, the nurses and doctors who are dying in droves having taken the full viral load day after day.

The only upside is that they can show society how stupid they are.

Chicken pox is a virus common to humans. Corona virus is a mutation from animals, so it's not as easily conquered by the human body.

• brother_in_magic

And even chickenpox  can be dangerous to pregnant women and to adults who never had it before.

cause they could die from it

As long as they hold them in the nearest morgue to save time.