Could a tiger that was raised in captivity its whole life be set loose in the wild or would it not know how to survive in the wild?

All animals that are kept long enough in captivity will soon lose its natural instincts. This is because they have grown to be completely dependent on their carer. 

Many predators like big cats will lose their killer instincts because they are being fed without hunting for it. They might chase after a moving animal, but it is only their play drive from captivity.

If you wanted to release a captive tiger, you would need to teach it how to hunt and bring back its hunter instincts. Otherwise it will easily die out in the wild with competition. 

Maybe.  If you've ever had pet cats, you'll notice that they chase after birds and mice and rats, but half of them stop short of killing what they caught, and very few then proceed to open up and eat what they killed.  I'm picturing tigers as being much the same.

Depends on how it had been raised. If it was raised like a house cat, then it won't be able to survive.

• Dixon

Just my guess but tigers are solitary in the wild anyway, so I expect they have enough instinct to know what to do. They do spend a couple of years living with the mother in the wild but if this had happened in captivity I can't see what a released tiger would be missing - other than familiarity with its surroundings. The hunting instinct is very strong in cats and not much is going deliberately attack a tiger.