Very high hcg count !!?

I had an er visit for some stomach cramping. 

They did an ultrasound, and baby was measuring 6 weeks 3 days. Heartbeat 122

However, my hcg count was 183,299 which falls in the range of 10ish weeks. 

6/7 weeks fits with my last menstrual cycle.

What could cause such high levels? Has anyone else experienced anything similar? I have not been to an actual ob yet because I’m still getting my insurance situated. 

• Tulip

In the middle of this crisis you went to the ER for something that stupid?

• LizB

It's high for 6 weeks, but within the normal range for 7-8 weeks. Since you saw a heartbeat I don't think you have anything to worry about for now. That's the biggest hurdle to overcome in early pregnancy.

Your next follow-up should be with an OB, though. It's dangerous to go to the ER right now for non-emergencies, and unless you were in severe pain and/or had lots of bleeding then you weren't in an emergency situation. If you don't have an OB by the time of your first prenatal appointment (8-12 weeks depending on the clinic's preferences and availability) then keep in mind that women's clinics like Planned Parenthood do offer basic prenatal healthcare, and often at low or no cost.