sadie asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

How do I build confidence?

I’ve been wondering for a while how I would be able to build up my confidence. I’m 17 and I’m worried I will always feel less than. I think a big source of my self image issues are because of where I grew up. I was one of the only minorities in my predominantly white school and growing up that way has been hard. I don’t think I realized how much it affected me until I got older, but I have serious self image issues because of it. It didn’t help that I had a few racist incidents when I was younger as well. I want to shave my head because I hate my natural hair so much. If I could change one thing, it would be to have straight hair. I feel like I will always be single because of my race. Everywhere I go I am scared i will get called a slur. I am hyper aware of the color of my skin. I always beat myself up also when I make a mistake like dropping something or bumping into someone because I feel like I’m giving them a reason to be racist. I can’t live like this!!! I don’t know what do or how to accept myself. Please I need advice!!! 

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.