Need some work advice?

So I didn’t go into work the other day, because I thought I was to be off.  I remember looking at the schedule and supposed to work two days.  Then was not to come in two days, but one of the days I don’t remember seeing that I was scheduled for that day, so I thought it was meant the two days I know i was to work.  So the second day I should’ve worked I didn’t go in, but received calls saying I should be there.  I explained what happened to my supervisor and so forth and that I never received any updated schedules.  So now I keep going back and forth with myself saying did I miss something.  I feel like crap because if this was a mistake on my part then I screwed up, but I can just remember being scheduled those two days.  I looked through my email and everything for the schedule and don’t have it, and I don’t delete emails.  I have emails from early last year.  I don’t know what to do now, because I don’t want to be accused of being a liar when I am not, and that I don’t take my job seriously (especially when I haven’t been late and I sometimes even stay late off the clock).  I need some advice.

Your first mistake was forgetting/not realizing that you were supposed to work and not showing up for your scheduled shift. Your second was not going to work when you were notified that you were supposed to be there.

Mistakes happen. All you can do is apologize and do better in the future.

Check your spam folder too, but hey everybody makes mistakes sometimes. If that's your biggest worry right now you're doing pretty good.

• Maxi

About what? You failed to ask a question