Do you take any vitamins? Also are the bottled up vitamins inauthentic compared to what we get from food? ?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

The vitamins that we should be able to get from our food would be the best if all foods were grown in the best soil for the particular crop, harvested correctly, stored correctly, cooked correctly and then eaten as soon as possible. If they are standing around for a long time in a shop, in your veggie rack etc. the vitamin content is being depleted all the time. If cooked incorrectly etc. they lose more vitamin content.  The best way to eat vegetables is raw.

Bottled vitamins are taken by very many people because our poor health shows that we are NOT obtaining enough vitamins from our food, therefore we all do need the bottled and packaged variety.  That's sad but is a fact. Growing our own veggies in decent soil will always be the best way but very few can do that these days.  Also many fruits and veggies are seasonal so we need to buy them in tablet form sometimes even if we have access to those available in freshly grown fruit and veggies.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

yes, i take a multi one

• i read that they are "synthetic" and "cause cancer", thoughts?

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Studies are now showing that vitamin supplementation is largely ineffective unless deficits are high.

In short, vitamin pills are mostly pissed out. Some are pooed out. It is WAY better to get your vitamins from real, whole foods AND consuming real whole foods will solve most of what's wrong with people, today.

It's a lot of biochemistry, psychology, sociology and ecology that you likely won't understand . Summed up, it's evolution.

And yes, I take daily multivitamin, b complex and vitamin D3 supplements daily...bc after 7 years and the regaining of my eyesight and most of my ANS, ENS and CNS it's become routine.

The caveat is that during this time my daily diet was great until I quit sugar and then SPECTACULAR.

• ...Show all comments
    • Andy C
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

There's more, but simply eat real whole foods is a much simpler message as most don't have a degree in biochemistry;)

• Mike G
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There's nothing "inauthentic" about them.

• ...Show all comments
    • Mike G
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

What's your source? Nothing wrong with synthetic vitamins. Been taking them for decades.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Dze
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

yes .. and you wont get enough of some vitamins from the food available today without spending alot of money .. they work inauthentic or not, you'll notice more energy, better metabolism, get sick less, heal faster and your hair and nails will grow faster lol ..

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.