UCSB appeal?

I got rejected from UCSB and I want to appeal, so I was thinking of changing my major from marine biology (very competitive) to drama and theatre (much less competitive). What are the chances of actually getting this appeal to go through with the change in major?

• John

I'm afraid your plan is seriously flawed.  You should go to college in order to meet the entry requirements for your intended career.  Instead, you are choosing a career in an attempt to get into your intended college.  If you want to be a marine biologist, you should apply to other schools which offer that major.

But if you want to be a marine biologist, why would you change your major to drama? Will you be able to transfer into the program you want? Will you be able to get the entry level courses to prepare you for that program? Can you major in biology and then study marine biology at the graduate level? It seems like you need to ask some questions before appealing and changing your major.