Possible Traffic violation?

Today, at one of the signals, I crossed the first line at the red signal. But I completely stopped my car and backed off few inches to be behind the line as there were no cars behind. I saw the camera light flashing. Would I still get a ticket even though I didn't pass the signal

Probably not.  Most of the images captured by those cameras don't provide a clear plate number, so only about 30% result in a ticket being sent to anyone.  

And the cameras are set up to get the rear plate after it's passed the white line, so you're probably safe.

Just an update. I did not get any ticket. I have been careful since and try not to think of my ex while driving!

Probably not.  The flash camera is meant for the rear license plate(which is why all cars MUST HAVE a rear license plate...& as you did not go that far- there is no car.   If you get something, it will be a surprise to me.

• Erik

If your car is over the first white line (into the crosswalk) when the picture is taken, you will receive a ticket in the mail.

Might get a ticket for trying to back up in the wrong direction against the flow of traffic.

• lj1

If the camera got a picture of your license plate, you will get a ticket. Since you stopped just past the white line, it probably only got the front of your car. 

If you have a license plate on the front of your car, you will probably get a ticket. If you don't have a front license plate, you probably won't get one. You'll just have to wait and see. 

• Kyle J

It depends on the traffic laws in your jurisdiction.

Maybe yes, maybe not. You'll just have to wait and see. Not everyplace in the world is the same and we have no clue where this happened. We're also not clairvoyant. You'll just have to suffer with your worry for the next month.