liz asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

Need help please!! Im freaking out ( its ab pregnancy) plz don’t judge ?

Long story short i hooked up with a guy August 25th of last yr. Went along with my life and hooked up with a guy November 2nd. I found out I was pregnant the 22nd of November. (Which he is now my boyfriend). My boyfriend wants to take a paternity test when the baby comes out. I started getting pregnancy symptoms right after my boyfriend and I hooked up. But I don’t remember my last 2 periods from the previous months bc they only last like 3 days. And I know the docs go by ur last period. So i went along with my sisters last pd because we kinda get them at the same time. I don’t remember what i was doing when i had my periods or what days so I just guessed. I go to my appointments and they say everything looks great. I even look online to compare weeks and everything looks the same as my baby. My worries are that my bf isn’t the father of my baby. Am I overthinking this? Or am I just a dumbass? I love him so so much. Maybe him wanting to take the test is psyching me out. Please tell me how this works please. This is my first child. 

• Edna

Yes; I'm afraid you're a dumbass. 

If you had gotten pregnant by the 1st guy on or about August 25, 2019; by the time November 2 rolled around and you hooked up with the 2nd guy, you would already have been suspecting that you were pregnant, or you would have KNOWN you were already pregnant. By that time, you would already have missed 2 periods. Don't try to hand me that stuff that you didn't know when your last 2 periods might be due. Every woman has a pretty good idea of when her next period is due to arrive. Not only that, by Nov. 2 you would have already have been almost 3 months pregnant, and you might have been experiencing the first signs of morning sickness. That would have given you a pretty good clue that you were pregnant.

The guy you hooked up with on November 2 is most likely the father of your child.  I feel sorry for you and your child if the paternity test proves that he is not! 

Well there is nothing that I can say, or do to help you get out of your own mess. I have problems too, but mine are not like yours.

Hahahahahaha.

I won't judge you. Because I think you are too funny.

You caused your own mess. It's too bad I can't see, and hear what's going to happen to you if the father of the baby isn't the person who you are with.

• liz2 months agoReport

Okay perfect 

You should be able to tell how far along the pregnancy is. It seems like your boyfriend is the father. I can't imagine you would be pregnant for August, September, and October and have no idea. 

• liz2 months agoReport

You’re right. I would’ve known and felt different. I’m just an over thinker😭

Sorry, I can't follow your story. You can get a DNA test when the baby is born.  However, ultrasound 'should' definitely be able to give you a reasonable idea how far along you are in the pregnancy and therefore who was jumping you.

• LizB

He has every right to request a paternity test if he wants to... but you had sex with two men nearly 2 1/2 months apart. How in the world can you NOT be sure which one the father is? Surely the doctor you've been seeing has told you how far along you are?

• Edna

The ultrasound would show the doctor how far along you are and about when the baby was conceived. The day of your last period wouldn't make any difference to the ultrasound exam.

• Tulip

There is just no help for stupid

You are overthinking and being foolish.  Your ob/gyn should be able to tell you whether you fetal development suggest you are six months pregnant or four months pregnant.  NEVER lie to your doctor.  You should have told them what you posted here.

If you had any bleeding/mensuration in September or October, your current boyfriend would be the father.  

Otherwise, chill out and wait.  If you have a baby in May or June then the August 25th guy is the dad. If you don't give birth until July or August, your current boyfriend is the father.  Your two sexual encounters are far enough apart that there shouldn't be any question which one resulted in your pregnancy.  

well for one, if you became pregnant in August, you should have been 2 months ahead (in November) which makes you 6 months pregnant now and your delivery date in the summer 

If you became pregnant in November then you should be 4-5 months pregnant now. 

So question is, how many months pregnant are you? One wont add up to the other

• Edna

If you're about 5-1/2 months pregnant now, that means you got pregnant some time in November, AFTER you hooked up with guy 2. . 

Surely you can count?

• LizB

I dunno, I'm a bit doubtful with this one....