Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Why can't America do what China does to combat coronavirus? Is it against human rights?

China's lockdown rules are extremely strict.

Everyone is forced to stay home and wear mask at all times

They disinfect every inch of their country every hour air and ground and walls and ceilings.

Harsh punishment for people not following orders, no warnings.

America is different, people still go out, no one puts mask on, cities still dirty with no one bother to disinfect the ground or air.

Many people from new york now trying to escape but they might bring the virus to another state.

157 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

CHINA IS A DICTATORSHIP, WE ARE A DEMOCRACY THAT IS WHY

• I agree with John

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

China will have their death squads kill you if you violate the Coronavirus, actions they have unforced, , Lets send all the rich kids on spring Break in Florida thier and you might see them in October 2020

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

LOL!  China isn't combating the virus nearly as well as they're trying to portray.

• 文通2 months agoReport

People entering China must be isolated for 14 days, and fever patients will be carefully taken care of by medical staff. 
      In any case, China ’s speed and the strength of Chinese unity are indisputable facts!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Comunist countries don’t tell the truth.   

• 2 months ago

Yes it is against human rights.  But then again its done to save lives.  So pick your poison, wisely. 😉

• chumley
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

Those who choose security over freedom deserve neither. Sound familiar snowflake?

• Ann
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Or Korea that the libs tout. China actually locked people into their homes from the outside and went back to find them dead. Korea tracked infected people's every move. Is that what liberals want now?

• ...Show all comments
    • iheartfroyo
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

America definitely could have started the year off more aggressive toward the virus. It would have saved more lives.

• 2 months ago

You have NO IDEA or KNOW what the truth is as for as to the way China Treats Its People.. 

'

How about you moving there and living there under communist dictatorship and tell us then how you like it.

'

There they will KILL YOU IF YOU DISAGREE WITH WHAT THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU TO DO.

'

They will KILL YOU just because they want to

'

They will kill you or lock you up and beat you numerous times daily for saying anything they do not like.

'

Go AHEAD... MOVE THERE with the attitude you have and stay for 1 year then come and give us a report about HOW GREAT COMMUNIST DICTATORSHIP IS.

'

WHAT are they disinfecting with... YOU HAVE NO IDEA BUT ITS PROBABLY just spraying water to show something on cam.. YOU have no idea what they are actually spraying as you are just taking their CROOKED COMMUNIST GOVERNMENTS WORD FOR IT.

'

DO you want to do like they are now allowed to do in the PHILIPPINES... THE PRESIDENT OF Philippine Islands just issued orders to KILL ANYONE WHO DOES NOT LISTEN TO THE MILITARY OR POLICE. CHECK IT OUT... KILL ANYONE WHO DOES WRONG and DOES NOT DO AS THEY ARE TOLD... 

• ...Show all comments
    • Audrey2 months agoReport

No they don't. Are u under the presence of the president or government officials every day? No. However, don't you think having a practical MORON as ur president is suffocating?

• 2 months ago

I think that's just because people get jaded to top-down rule.  If a place is riddled with lot of harsh punishments about practically everything, then it is kind of hard to prioritize what is important and what's not.  I think that down in the South we have enough of a spirit of cooperation that we may just overcome this thing.  We ARE improving or handwashing techniques, we ARE following the guidelines, and staying at home, cooking our own food, avoiding contact, etc.  Initially we were told to not wear masks if we were healthy, I asked, "Would it create a ripple of panic if a bunch of people saw me wearing a mask in public?"  The answer was no, they don't want healthy people creating a shortage for healthcare workers and the chronically ill.  "Oh." I said, and then didn't try to wear a mask but I kept the one that's been folded up in my wallet since about August of 2019.  Now they're saying maybe you SHOULD wear a mask, then somebody else will come on t.v. and say you shouldn't...one will say that it's effective another will say it isn't.  Hopefully this will be a big nothingburger, that's the goal, but it really is up to us isn't it?

I would not trade what personal freedom we DO have for the ability to mobilize as a nation the way China did. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Jack2 months agoReport

Finally, you've got to know what you are trading away in any tradeoff, and living under a system like Red China is just too big a price to pay for what they are actually getting in return.  The USA Cities where the will is good are already starting to flatten the curve a little bit.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

There are only 4 states that don't have some sort of stay at home order. So it doesn't matter. We're pretty much in a nationwide shutdown.

The Federal government is leaving the virus up to the states. Containing people in their respective states would be a job at the federal level because they would be using the US Army.

Also, our government had been saying the masks don't matter only sick people and health professionals should wear them. I think it's because the government knows there just isn't enough masks because they're starting to change their attitude on that. Which goes to show our government does lie. 

see map here.https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/corona...

• ...Show all comments
    • Jack1 month agoReport

Any environment that makes you eyes itchy(allergen)is going to increase the spread of viruses. Human eyes are an easy vector for all sorts of viruses.  Touching stuff other people have touched, then rubbing your itchy eyes. Hand& foot skin; fairly impervious, eye sockets, totally porous! 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.