Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Would you consider this person fat/obese?

So would you consider someone who is 5'2 and 185lb fat? 

23 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

yes fat 185 lbs

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

we weightlifters in shape fine-- average joe noway in opinion

Yes it is obese - I am 167 pounds and not much taller perhaps 1.5 inches  taller  and  I am considered obese

• Wendigo
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

At one hundred eighty five pounds even a bodybuilder would be considered obese, and potentially at risk for heart problems later in life. Being thirty plus pounds over weight regardless of whether it's fat or muscle, is still classed as being obese.

• DKG
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Fatness is a body composition thing.

For a normally proportioned and 'average' type of person, that combination of height and weight would be associated with a severe degree of obesity. For a muscular athelete.. you could be at a reasonable composition and a healthy weight. Height and weight alone are insufficient.

An easier metric is the waist to height ratio, where this is over 50% obesity is likely to have health limiting complications.

• Wendigo
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

No that would not be even for an athlete bodybuilder or weightlifter a healthy weight, as that's about fifty pounds overweight. Most consider ten to fifteen pounds over, within a safe margin.

• 2 months ago

Where is the weight? If its all gut yeah help them or yourself lose the weight. Look up athlene x on YouTube. If not they my just be conditioned. My biceps are bigger than most but because of the work I do lifting glass my forarms are almost bigger in size which is really odd. Weight goes where it is needed 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Muscle weighs more than fat, so it really just depends. However, everyone is beautiful no matter what anyone else says :)

• 2 months ago

They are overweight

• 2 months ago

that's 64 pounds overweight for that height

• patty
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

yes somewhat overweight

• 2 months ago

Well a few factors have to be accounted for before that can be said. Is this person fat or muscular? Do they live an active or sedentary lifestyle? On the surface that doesn’t seem healthy but BMI isn’t always a reliable indicator of health. At 6”5’ 280 lbs Dwayne Johnson would be considered “obese” by BMI’s standard. 

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Absolutely.  That is a BMI of 33.83 which is Class I Obesity

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.