Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Am I anorexic ?

I eat 500 calories a day. I am constantly afraid of gaining weight. I'm 5'3" ft and 95 pounds. I barely have energy to make it up a flight of stairs or to open a glass door and when i'm walking I feel like I'll faint away anytime. I always dress in big clothes so no one can see my body. I don't eat fast food because it's disgusting. I see my body in the mirror and I think I'm average weight or not as thin as I'd like to be. People tell me i'm skinny, but I don't believe them. Do you think I'm anorexic? This is me. 

Yes, 500 calories a day is starvation. You are not grossly underweight yet...but you are underweight. Average weight for your height is 1o8-115. The fact you already feel weak and faint shows you already that  there is damage being done to your body.

Well you listed off the stereotypical list of everything you'd see on an article or website about anorexia, but we're not doctors so that's not up for us to decide if you're anorexic.

• falcon

Go talk to a psychologist you might suffer from anorexia nervosa  you are still young  work on your self 

Seems so, and definitely body dysmorphic disorder. Seeks professional help w a specialist dealing with eating disorders, bc this never ends well.

I don't know what you are or if you have anorexia. That's up to you to decide.

I personally don't think you are anorexic, however, I would consider seeing a professional dietitian or GP soon as you could well become one. You appear to be edging closer to it as you're anxiety towards weight gain is quite strong, so it seems.

I would seriously see someone soon and really take on board what they say, and keep telling yourself that they are right, as they will being explaining things to you for the good of you, not anyone else.

Be Strong

You definitely have problems and at a minimum should double your calorie intake.

Yes. Write your will. Or get help.