Hott Gurl asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

is it bad to eat expired chocolate ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Expired or best/use by dates? There a significant difference there between the both of them, 90% of the time the store manufacturer items are best, use or sell by dates. If it really does say an expired date though on the can or box which should look like this, exp, and it actually is already expired even after just 24 hours then you really should not be taking the chance and eating this then. Eating ANYTHING expired even water should never be consumed, expired actually means it officially has reached it true maximum taste then it start to go slightly off, in certain items this is still okay but I wouldn't take my chances. It can potentially make you violently ill depending on what it is...

best, use or sell dates on the other hand are dates that indiciate that the items are no longer at it best taste but are still good to eat. Know the difference

• Hott Gurl2 months agoReport

this doesnt answer my question 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Depends on how long its expired.

• k w
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

dunno....depends on your preferences, it's only fresh for a while, once it changes color the flavor and texture is different....

• 2 months ago

No.. the manufacturers just put the "use by" date on products because the flavor will be best before that date.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Nah and if it looks white and crappy just melt it in the pan and pour it on ice cream.

• patty
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

no..................................

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.