Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Should someone like this commit suicide?

She’s 25, has no natural talent, and not a fast learner. She can be socially awkward and is in terrible shape physically (can’t even run a mile). She wonders if a God exist why does he keep allowing her to breath but she fears dying too so it is weird

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Some people have talent and some people have to learn their skills the hard way, but that's no reason to end it all. 

"Does a wounded soldier ask who shot the arrow, or does he ask that the arrow be removed?" The Asians wonder why we have this thing about deep stuff like whether or not God exists. To them, the big question is, "How can I be enlightened?" 

It's important to remember that being depressed is like looking through a pair of glasses that distort everything, including what you see in the mirror. When you recover, things look very different.

Treatment usually begins by seeing the GP, who can give you a physical and a referral. I mention referral because just a bottle of pills is not a very good approach.

The things you'd want to tell the doctor are how you feel at different times of day, any symptoms you might have such as change in appetite or sleep, and things in your life affecting how you feel.

If you're depressed, I can't tell you exactly what you need. There's no one size fits all solution. I can tell you though that there are healthy lifestyle choices that can enhance the effects of the standard treatments with office visits. This answer has details, under DEPRESSION TREATMENTS - 

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20150...

The most important thing is knowing how to cope in a moment of crisis. It's very important to calm down. This will make you feel better and let you think clearly.

A very easy way to calm down is just to breathe slowly. A doctor recommends inhale to a count of 4, exhale to 6. You'll feel better in 5 min or less.

Also, simple distractions can be very good. This video has suggestions. It also has a very good hotline. No one will bother you if you call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yBXl81QPyY

Youtube thumbnail

&t=7s

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • OTTO
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

But can she enjoy the sunshine? She has a right to exist if only to enjoy life.

• no, who are you to judge anyone? you sound like a degenerate.

• Mandy
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Stop being f****** ridiculous.  All that was is just a bunch of feeling sorry for herself.  I don’t many people who do have a natural talent.  And if she doesn’t like the shape she’s in, do something about it.  Don’t bring up this little funky dink bull talking about suicide.  As you can see, such foolishness gets on my nerves.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, she should try a therapist and antidepressants first. Then, with time, she might be able to figure the rest out.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.