Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

what's the point in anything?

It's probably just late night overthinking, but I am so irresponsible and lazy. I'm going to be eighteen in less than two months and I've only had one job (currently unemployed), put as little effort as I can into school and extracurriculars, and I don't even have my license. I'm just now recognizing that I've never really had responsibility. I don't know how to describe how I feel about life. I blame a lot of my habits on my parents who never made me do anything and my mom telling five-year-old me that she'd "given up,", but in the end, I'm the one that has to be paying my own bills one day. Also life is just really bleak. Do I feel this way because I don't put effort into anything? What is the point in anything? 

• audrey

Now that we're all under house arrest. There is no point to anything. Just relax and chill.

I've come to the conclusion that people who ask "What's the point in anything?" are not asking for an answer to the question, because you folks ignore all the answers. It's a need for help from a mental health professional. A family doctor can make a referral.

Play some video games or something

It seems you may have been Disobeying them a lot.  Are you willing to remove your selfness?  Effort is needed on your part! 

My dad died when I was just 8 and if I wanted anything I had to go out and earn the money for it by myself! Started by selling door to door, yes at just 8, I worked!

Atheists usually are like you. Without God people cannot find or feel any Love!  Love comes only from and with God!  Without God these people cannot find their meaning(s) in life!  How about bring God and Love and Meanings into your life? You could even go out and do voluntary work and help others!