Does my friend have hope for her future?

My friend (we live in virginia and are 17 now) wants to start her own restaurant business and she also decided she isn’t going to college either, i’m worried how is she going to do this stuff?

i think she does

No.  Ain't nobody around here got a future.

• John

Hey, a girl can dream......

She gets a job in a restaurant, works hard, pays attention, takes accounting and business planning classes at her local community college or Small Business Administration and Education center, Spends time in the kitchen and on the floor and plugs away at her understanding and skills and tucks her money away. Most of the people I know who own restaurants are people who WORKED in them for at least a decade before they opened one of their own. I'd not worry too much about a 17 year old with a goal.

About 90% of restaurants have failed within one year, and the main reason for failure is underfunding.

You should worry about yourself. If her plans are unrealistic, she'll find out soon enough on her own.