angie asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

How can I cook meatballs without them sticking to the pan?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

If you're determined to do it the old fashioned way first make sure there's enough oil in the pan.  You don't need a lot but it needs to coat the surface at least, and you must keep moving the pan until each meatball has a seared surface and starts to firm up so they stay perfectly spherical.  There's a knack to it for sure.  It's neither violent nor vigorous, just a constant that keeps the balls rolling, though you need to jerk the pan so they don't just go back and forth but properly round.  Once you get the hang of it you can practically fill the pan.  It's kind of hypnotic watching a full pan roll in unison.

Or you can do them in the oven on a baking tray.  They won't be quite so perfect but it's much easier and the kitchen is less greased up so you deal with less frying smells in the house.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Add a small amount of oil.  But I usually bake them.  Much less grease or tending to.

• 2 months ago

I have tried every suggestion posted re frying, all good suggestions (thanks to everyone), but honestly, there has so far been no way to avoid some sticking.  Your ("Anonymous") technique does sound promising, however, and next time, I will give it a serious try.  Barring having to purchase a ceramic pan, it make sense, and it sounds like fun!  Thanks.

• 2 months ago

If you can, use a non-stick pan, that would be the best, but if not, add a bit of oil or butter, not a lot because most ground mince will have enough fat to keep them from sticking once they heat, and cook them on a lower temperature.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Use salt a pinch in oil and then fry them.

• denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

In a fry pan / skillet keep them on the move while your browning them.

On an oven tray, I sprinkle semolina or polenta / grits onto the tray before putting the meatballs on top. It stops them sticking to the tray, and any semolina e.t.c that stays on them wont make any difference to the meatballs.

• GFH
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

You can use either a non-stick pan, or add enough oil to any other type of pan, so that the meatballs don't stick to the pan

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Bake them in the oven on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.  If you have a convection setting or "quick bake" setting, you can get some of that crispy stuff.

By the way, this is exactly the kind of thing air fryers are perfect for if you have one.

• 2 months ago

Mine usually dont stick if I put a lid on them for the first 1/2

• 2 months ago

You can't unless it's a non-stick pan. If they stick, let them cook a little longer and they will tend to come loose easier. Or add a tiny bit of water to the pan and then loosen them.

• 2 months ago

Get a non-stick pan.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.