Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

Is Creme Brulee difficult to make?

I really want to make this recipe but I am scared that it might be too hard and I'll mess up.

Thanks for all the answers, I think I will try it out and see what happens :)

• Janet

It will not be the end of the world if you mess it up.

Creme Brulee is essentially just a yolk-heavy egg custard with sugar sprinkled on top that is then heated with a burner or under the broiler.

These times of self-isolation are THE perfect time to be trying new things in the kitchen.  And if you don't get it right the first time, there is always the second time.

No, it's not all that hard. I can do it and if I can, most people should be able to. Just follow the recipe.

I wouldn't say it's the easiest but also not the hardest. If you follow the recipe it should end up working out. One reason that some people avoid making it is the long baking time and that you need a blow torch for the candied top but if you're prepared for it give it a shot!

• Mark

Not really.  It's basically "French Flan".  If you don't have one, you might want to invest in a small propane flamer.  But you can stick them under the broiler instead, for about 3 minutes.

Creme Brulee is a recipe found in many cookbooks.  Savanna don't worry

about messing up because we all mess up from time to time.

Yes, it is a difficult dish to make. It's easy to mess up, but the only way you'll learn how to make one is to practice. I think you should try it, and if you mess up then you'll know what to do next time you try.

Well you'll never know unless you try.  If you do mess it up all you have is a few wasted ingredients, eggs and sugar basically.  It doesn't hurt to give things a go.