Allie
Allie asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

What do you think of home cooked meals?

yummy        .

That's all I ever eat. Living alone, cooking is one of my pleasures and I enjoy eating the results. At least I know what goes into my meals.

gordon ramsay wouldn't approve because your cooking is lower than restaurant quality

• F

He’s just a gobshite.

• Mark

Almost always better.  The only exception of deep-fried foods, and THEY even taste better homemade, but cooking oil is very expensive.  I'd even done the "strain through cheesecloth and fry a raw potato", but invariably the oil gets pushed to the back, and when I want to deep-fry again, it has become rancid.

• BLU SQUARE2 months agoReport

HOW LONG DID YOU LEAVE THE OIL IN THE BACK?

Depends on the cook. I keep giving this crap guy b/c it's an annoyance many times a day. He just started burning water less than a year ago at home, leaving cook books everywhere because he watched too much cooking shows. Everything he makes smells and looks disgusting. It's always burnt and his hygiene is beyond what it takes to shut down a restaurant including 3ft long hairs in food and greasy pans with crust in the "clean" pile. ewww!

Assuming your cook is not a retarded hillbilly and has any clue or the ability to gain one, what is nice about a home cooked meal is it is all fresh. What alot of people don't know is restaurant food is essentially leftovers. I've seen garbage bags of cooked rice waiting to get served 2 days later, cooked meats hanging around for more than a week, the twice baked potatoes are already baked once, the second time takes 10 mins after you order it.

If you've ever wondered what it tastes like when someone cuts and chops and boils and fries everything right before you eat it, that's home cooking. Again, assuming the cook is competent. These days, too many home "chefs" have no idea so just because it was burnt in a home does not qualify it as comforting home cooking. It smells so bad I lost my appetite for 2 days.

Just as a side message, in these unprecedented times, restaurants need your business and your friends, family, and neighbors need to stop smelling your trash. Stop cooking! I hereby declare you are required to have at least 10 years experience cooking to cook in your own home.

in my opinion they are the best meals, i prefer them over take-out

Commenter avatar

I think that the health and the knowledge of what I am puttin my body is more saffer than what allot of other folks put in theirs and I like the taste and the prep. It is a way of life after mama said GET A LIFE and stoped serving me now that the issue has arose Will people loose more weight and have less physical issues or did mama not do her job.

Source(s): MAMA im commin HOME
  • Burgoo

i love them, i like doing things my own way. still go out for some things i can't do as well at home, but if i can't ever go back to a restaurant, ill get by

I used to bake and cook, but I'm now a caregiver fulltime and risk my mother with dementia hurting herself. 

I can't really "home cook".

If we cut all that out, I would make my own bagels and yeah, but that's not life.

Since 98% of what I eat is home cooked meals, I guess I'm okay with them