What is the best mop for a small house or apartment?

I am looking for one that doesn't fall apart easily. I know an old fashioned mop and bucket with wringer is worth the investment but I lack the storage and they tend to smell.

• Ann

Get a Swiffer Wet Jet. They are perfect for small places. I used to have a mop and bucket,which was always a mess, and then I switched. It's much cleaner and far less trouble.

100 PERSENT COTON. I WANT TO USE THAT FOR MY FLOORS. 

• Hannah

I have the O-Cedar spray mop and I really like it.  It has a washable pad so you don’t have to buy the refill pads and it has never ever leaked.  It has been thrown, dropped, kicked, and used for several years and has never broken.  I got it from Walmart for about $20.  

Swiffer has a wet jet mop.  It uses a bottle of cleaner, a stick on pad and a few batteries to power the spray.  Very good EXCEPT be sure to remove the bottle of liquid cleaner each time you are done mopping.  Left in the mop handle it will tend to drip out the bottom and ruin wherever you store it.  Removing the bottle is easy and the mop is worth the effort.

You can buy plastic buckets with a wringer insert, and you can also buy a cotton/microfibre blend string mop to use with that bucket. I don't know where you live, but you should be able to buy one anywhere in North America in just about any place that sells home cleaning supplies. The one I have is made by Vileda. If you let the mop dry out after use, merely by standing it up somewhere, mop end up, it won't smell, and the microfibre dries faster than plain cotton.

• Sandy

Swiffer is good. you can buy dry or wet sheets.