does the USB 2.0 connection connect to HDMI yet? do they communicate with one another yet?

I don't believe there are any passive USB to HDMI cables. What is required is an adapter that converts between the two different interfaces. I have not used a USB/HDMI adapter, although I have used USB/Ethernet, USB/VGA and DisplayPort/HDMI adapters, all of which were bus powered.

In each case it was necessary to install the appropriate adapter for the operating system and adapter type, with the exception of the DisplayPort/HDMI adapter as the motherboard in the particular PC had two screen output ports - one was HDMI and the other was DisplayPort. This allowed the PC to drive two different monitors. As both monitor connections were HDMI, I used a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter to connect the second monitor.

• Roddy

USB and HDMI are two very different types of connection. They DO NOT and never will interwork.

• Lv 7

USB and HDMI are two different connection types, that have NEVER worked together.

if you want HDMI output, you should buy a computer with one, or, if you have a desktop, get yourself a video card with HDMI output.

• P

No, you need USB 3.0 to get HDMI dongles.  

• Richard

Manhattan make a USB2 to HDMI adapter. Also, I don't believe dongle is really the right description here. Dongles either can be security keys, or are USB to wireless adapters. They are not USB to a wired adapter.