How to fix audio delay while recording with microphone on adobe premiere pro?

I am having some trouble with adobe premiere pro. I am having audio delays or latency issues while recording audio over a track or video. The lowest I can set the latency to while going to preferences then audio hardware is 30mms. Am I missing something?

What microphone and what type of audio connection or audio interface are you using, what exact make and model of computer?

It's not possible to give a precise answer without precise information!

If you are using a "sound card" connection on a computer, they have pretty bad latency issues due to the way they work.A proper audio interface such as a Focusrite Scarlett or a Presonus unit should allow a latency down to around 1mS or so, and give vastly better quality.If you are using an interface and cannot get it to work at low latency, that implies the machine is trying to do too much as once, either due to background tasks or it's simply not powerful enough.If you are using a sound card input, running ASIO4ALL may improve things - that bypasses the normal driver buffering and can give much lower latency.http://www.asio4all.org/