Can I still drink diet coke if I am on a diet? Does it really have zero calories?

Good news! Diet Coke really doesn't have any sugar, and isn't unhealthy in any way. Many people are scared of "Aspartame," the primary sweetener in most diet sodas. Thankfully, it's completely harmless.

Source(s): Thanks Google!

no. it still has surgar in it

• lkl

My go to is diet Pepsi and yes they really have no calories. If you're drinking diet coke because you're dieting just stop drinking regular soda.

• ?

You shouldn't drink anything like that if you are on a diet.

Yes. It really does. Good on a diet cause it gives you the feeling of having a "treat"! Enjoy!

Yes, why do u see so many fat women drinking diet drinks?

No. Diet soda is not healthy.

• Andy C

Near enough to count as zero.

Some people have trouble with artificial sweeteners, but they're miles better than sugar.

In fact, if you eliminate as much added sugars as possible from your daily diet, it will do miles better than ANY dieting.

Source(s): Day 21 of our lockdown and I am not fatter, even though I grew up fat. The diet/exercise rollercoaster was awful and ineffective. Then I read this book: "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig M.D.

Yes.  It's sweetened with aspartame so it has 'no' calories (I put 'no' in quotes because hardly anything is NO calories.  The FDA allows foods to say '0 calories' if they have less than  half a calorie per serving.)

It's the sugar in soda that has all the calories.  If you replace the sugar with artificial sweetener, you have essentially no calories.

I'm not a big fan of Diet Coke.  I like Coke Zero much better!  I think it tastes a lot more like the original coke.  But that's just personal preference.

• ?

Drink water. ,👍