Help trying to get into an old Yahoo account.?

I've been trying to get into a Yahoo account from highschool. I thought I remembered the password, but apparently not. Back then only rich people had cellphones and I didn't have another email, so those aren't recovery options, but when I try to use the security questions I enter the right answers and get a "let us help you" page... Is there anything I can do?

I am trying to get into the yahoo mail accopunt that I have on my phone and put it on my computer

• Try sucking on a big fat dick at the same time, it might help 

Call lord lestermount

This is a popular question to be posted from a newly created YA account.

As others have said Yahoo will deactivate any account that has not been signed into in the last 12 months.  Once deactivated the account is marked for deletion.  At one time Yahoo recycled email addresses so it is entirely possible that someone else has claimed that email address which is the reason that Yahoo is letting you try to recover it.  Yahoo made a policy change a couple of years ago saying that they no longer recycle email address so once an account is deleted the email address can never be used again.

You can tell if the account has been deleted by sending an email to that address.  If you get a bounce back message saying the account does not exist then it has been deleted.    Otherwise the account is either active and belongs to someone else or the account has been deactivated pending deletion.  Emails sent to a deactivated account will not bounce back.

• Fu2 months agoReport

Thank you very much, I didn't know about Yahoo having recycled IDs before.

• Sharon

It depends on how old your account is and when it was last used. It will be deleted after 12 months of inactivity if you haven't used it in that time.

• Olive

Its possible the account has been terminated since havent used it in a long time

• Fu2 months agoReport

Unfortunately no, I haven't tried to sign into it since probably 06 or 07. I'm gonna chalk it up to a post cause, thanks for trying though.

If the account was not used for 12 months, it was deleted and can not be recovered. Otherwise, click the Help button for options.

• Fu2 months agoReport

Ah. You'd think it would tell me the account was deleted. By "not used" do you mean not signed in to? Because it's the email I put into forms that I'm sure are just going to spam me and won't actually need my email, so it's definitely been receiving emails, I just haven't tried to sign in for years.