onthe45 asked in SportsTennis · 2 months ago

What do you think about the decision to play the French open just a week after this year's US Open?

Wimbledon have cancelled this year's event, don't you think the French should have done the same?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Bob
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

The decision to play it after the US open or to cancel it is theirs to make and not mine, I look at it like this, if they do play it means we get to see 3 grand slam events played this year, if they don't we will only get to see 2, as a tennis fan I would rather see 3.

• ...Show all comments
    • Bob
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

True, however it's also going to be weird not having Wimbledon played this year

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Chuck
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

At this time [20 May 2020], we really don't know whether the US Open will be held or not, or, if they will do it without fans, as the French have been talking about.

"The USTA's hope is to be able to hold the 2020 US Open in New York as planned. Our plans to stage the US Open on our scheduled dates at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in New York with fans remain ongoing. However, we recognize that we are all facing an uncertain environment regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, and therefore have been aggressively modeling many other contingencies, including scenarios with no fans."

-  US Open website, https://www.usopen.org/

• 2 months ago

They make too much money to cancel the event.

• 2 months ago

If the US Open isn't canceled I don't see why the French should cancel theirs.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.