What is the relationship like between Canadians and their pet moose?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favourite answer

None-

People are under this conception that moose are these docile gentle giants, its a giant (no pun) misconception!

Moose are actually quite aggressive towards human for two reasons- A moose will charge at a human if they get too close in the wild, and also if something pisses a moose off, and they see a human they will attack.

Moose will stay far back from humans in the spring/summer months, where they will retreat back into the forests, and will not typically come close to civilization. It's the winter that's where the danger lies, moose and humans come in close(er) contact due to the moose coming down to the roadways and sometimes peoples back yards in search of food.

• 8 months ago

None.  Most Canadians have never seen a moose.  They are ornery beasts, and considered more dangerous than bears in the places where they can be found.

They sure are tasty though!

• JuanB
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

It's like go ahead and give it a name, but don[t get too attached because it's going to be dinner when it grows up

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

That's not a pet, that's my transportation.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Canuckly moosical, or there aboots.  

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

ONE moose, TWO or more "meese".  :-)  I rather doubt that Canadians who have never left the cities and the burbs have ever SEEN one.

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

i grew up with one as a kid

https://youtu.be/65t-OzhlmvE

Youtube thumbnail

now i got the f'ing things in my backyard

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.