My computer is frozen, what do I do?

I can’t even move the mouse. I just opened it and closed it and now it won’t turn back on.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Grab your clunky hair dryer and thaw it out!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Lucas
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Push and hold the power button until it shuts off. then power it back on and you should be good to go. If this continues to happen then you have other issues. 

• try to Restart it

• 2 months ago

If it is a desktop hold the power button down for a few seconds If that does not work do a Hard Shutdown by unplugging it and then wait for about 10 minutes and then plug it back in. If you have windows the it should say something like windows did not shut down properly and it will need to do a disc scan. let it scan and that might fix the problem. laptops with windows are the same way but you will have to remove the battery before the Hard Shutdown and then replace the battery before starting again.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Unplug the power and/or battery pack if it is a notebook. Power is using an ATX specification so you never actually have a "HARD" power switch to deal with.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Just give is some milk

• Dick
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Hold down the power button for 15 seconds and the computer will turn itself off. Give it a few seconds for the fans etc. to stop. Then turn it back on and it should boot normally but it will probably be a slow boot up. Give it a shot.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

With the plug off the wall, press power on. Wait for 10 seconds, plug then power on. If that didn't work, no lights, no sounds, you might need to replace the power supply.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Put it in the microwave for about 45 minutes on the defrost setting. 

• 2 months ago

Have you tried pouring coffee on it?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.