Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetYouTube · 3 months ago

What is your opinion about people on youtube asking for money?

I subscribed to a channel because a woman and her husband adopted a baby. She is very obese and doesn't have a job and now she is asking for money from her viewers on all of her videos. She has raised 800 bucks so far. Her last video is about weaning her baby but then during the almost 2 hour video she makes comments such as "in the last hour we raised 100 dollars. People I know times are hard but give if you can." I understand needing help but to ask your viewers and say if all my Subscribers give 1 dollar it will be enough or almost enough. Do you think this is outrageous as I do? I unsubscribed due to this constant harassment. 

She is asking money for embryo adoption and her baby is 9 months and that adoption is not final yet. 

If you go to YouTube and look up sadie and jarvis weening video, you'll see what I'm referring to.

In those circumstances they should f*** off and get a proper job instead of begging / scrounging.

Otherwise nothing wrong with donating to channels that give you the chance to donate through a service such as Patreon if they're creating genuinely good content that gives content on legacy media platforms a close run for it's money, such as "Keef Cooks", "Lon.tv", "The Rubin Report" + "Bigclivedotcom" (to name a few).... sort of like tipping the waiter at a restaurant for good service.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYtJ1N9jcp4

Youtube thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3BjZVcQ2sw

Youtube thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrmtlP9-b0Y

Youtube thumbnail

• Magma

I've never come across stuff like this on youtube, but if an idiot wants to part with their money, they're more than welcome to do it.

I had the same problem with the latest ksi video had to unsubscribe sorry bro 

Source(s): Dogshit

If they could use it to keep creating content then I think it's fine.

• Snoopy

There are a few doing that. It's unethical. x

it is the new version of some one like downtown with a sigh asking for money

youtube has to put a stop to it its not right and one person has glass and they have no lens in them . one if you dont give her money she screams at your screen name and tells you off , they will do anything for money

You did the right thing - unsubscribe and don't donate.  Some idiots will give her money

The only thing i find obnoxious other than self entitled talentless retards demanding money because they think their content is unique on you tube or twitch,is the merch plugs,which is immoral when its a video about ghosts or murdered people.

They should get a proper job.