My temperature is too low?

Thanks to the supermarket temperature check I found out I might be hyperthermic. I had a temperature of 36.1 C in the morning and after I bought myself an thermomether I found out my temperature is 35.7 C. These seem too low for a 22 year old. What should I do?

• Edna

Your temperature is within normal limits.

36.1 degrees Celsius is equal to 97 degrees Fahrenheit.  35.7 Celsius is equal to 99.5 Fahrenheit.

Normal body temperature can range from 97.8 degrees F. to 99 degrees F, and it will fluctuate one or two degrees, up or down, depending on the time of day & what you're doing. Your temperature is always  lowest in the morning.

Try A thermometer that is accurate. AN thermometer IS not EVER correct.

This category is computer hardware--desktops.  Are you one?  I thought not.

Try again in Medicine.

Taking advice from Internet idiots about health, like some leader in Washington does, is not very smart.  People might even call you a "moron" or "idiot" if you do.

• Gabita2 months agoReport

I didn't chose the section, I'm sorry!

You can talk to the doctor when you next see them but I wouldn't go to Decon 1 over it.

The Mayo Clinic defines hypothermia when your body temperature falls below 95 F (35 C) so you have a ways to go.

Every person's temperature is different. "36.7" is just the AVERAGE temperature of most people.  Your temperature is always at its lowest first thing in the morning because you have been "at rest" for several hours plus have not eaten for several hours.

A temperature that is 1 degree below normal in the morning is not unusual.  It is not cause for alarm.  If it concerns you, ask your doctor about it the next time you see them.

• Lili

Age is irrelevant.  Your temperature doesn't somehow drop as you age.

That's not hugely low, and as it turns out, the old 36.7 standard is now considered inaccurate.  Human temperature most likely runs lower, on average.

• Kyle

Among adults, the average body temperature ranges from 97°F (36.1°C) to 99°F (37.2°C).

you're borderline.  keep an eye on it.  stay hydrated.  eat healthy.  if it goes lower for a couple more days, call your doctor.  

• Lv 4

Stop giving bad advice to a hypochondriac. First, he's using a cheap consumer grade thermometer, second the only time anyone should be concerned with low temperature is if you ACTUALLY have low temperature 35°C or 95°F... this whole "borderline" is nonsense.

You are fine... just a hypochondriac but otherwise fine

• Gabita2 months agoReport

There was yesterdayt an report about a man being tested in a supermarket and he got 29.5!