Does having tattoos make someone a bad person?

My mom is super against tattoos and today, one of mine was accidentally showing at the beach because my bottom rode up a little bit. I don't have many and they're all small. Anyway, she went on to lecture me and call me a bad person saying that tattoos change a person's personality. 

She grew up in South America in a different time period obviously so of course she is going to view things differently. 

I just don't understand why she has to always tell me her opinions and not let me have my own. I know there are plenty of people who are against tattoos, but if it's not their body, then why do they care?

What are your thoughts on tattoos?

• KaleyK

You have to understand people from different generations.  If you look at the 1970's, anyone with a tattoo was a sailor, biker, ex-con, or slut.  That's where the "bad person" thing comes from.  Today, just about everyone under the age of 30 has at least one tattoo.  Cops have tattoos, nurses have tattoos, moms have tattoos.  You already have the tattoo, you already understand why your mom feels differently about it, so just absorb it and move on.

For what it's worth:  my father (born 1956) was dead set against females (including his wife & daughter) having tattoos.  Shortly after he died (2012) my mother and I went out and got matching tattoos.

• D50
    6 days ago

Well, DID it change your personality? For better or for worse?

• kelvin

i am in my fifties and i have five tattoos and many piercings and YOU KNOW WHAT IDGAFF WHAT OTHERS THINK OR SAY ABOUT MY TATTOOS AND PIERCINGS

• Steph1 month agoReport

wow, you are SO EDGY

Tell her that you don’t care and she should stop b!tching 

It's the person themselves that make them good or bad. Not a marking on their body. Never walked past a person and thought they have a tattoo - must be a bad person. Especially when I see someone with flowers and cats tattooed on them - I don't go AHHHH must be killer/racist/gang member

Nope, tattoos do not make someone a bad person. It is a personal choice.