Trac Off and VSC lites are both on?

I just bought a 2004 Toyota 4Runner SR5, and noticed that the Trac Off And VSC Both are on. I researched and saw where one option was tire pressure, I checked it and added in all four tires, when I started the car the lites went off but them came right back on, plus the low tire pressure lite is on also. I just don’t want to take it to the dealer or a shop, any ideas what Could be making the sensor lites come on like that?

Also check the spare tire. Make sure all the ABS sensors wires are tight and in place.

Those lights will come on when you have a bad wheel speed sensor. It's usually a front wheel speed sensor that goes bad. You need an ABS capable scan tool to find out which wheel speed sensor is bad. OBD II code readers will not work for ABS codes.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

Faulty TPMS modules in the wheels or faulty sensor wiring. It's common. The transmitters in the wheels (part of the air valve) are good for ten years, max. The sensors and wiring harnesses that pick up the signal from each wheel and send it to the ECU also tend to fail over time. 

If the ABS light is not ON, spend some money and get the lights reset by a competent garage with a dealer level scanner.  He can also check your TPMS light.  One hour labor.

• Sandy

Toyota tire pressure light always does that, usually when the seasons change, summer to winter and vise versa. just take it to a dealer. they fix it for free. maybe with an oil change. : )

• The Devil

TPMS lights come on when at least one tire has pressure different from others or  they sense all tires pressure lower than set minimum. Changing temperature can drop pressure when cold, or raise it when hotter. Free fix= add air to tire.