Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceQuotations · 8 months ago

What historical quote do you think was the best quote ever uttered?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American…There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907

• 5 months ago

The good life consists in doing everything in moderation. And accepting no truth unless proven"

-- Plato or Socretes 

• 6 months ago

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.

• F
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

“He’s not the messiah, he’s a very naughty boy”

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

THIS IS MY BELOVED SON IN WHOM I AM WELL PLEASED 

AND 

I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE.

both said by God

• j153e
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

"The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself."  F. D. Roosevelt.

Second-best:  "You can fool some of the people all of the time, you can fool all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time."  Abraham Lincoln.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

" go figure! "    

• keerok
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

On the history of computers: "640K ought to be enough for anybody."

• 8 months ago

Am I the only man to wake up into a nightmare?

Al Bundy

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.