Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceQuotations · 8 months ago

What historical quote do you think was the best quote ever uttered?

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American…There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907

The good life consists in doing everything in moderation. And accepting no truth unless proven"

-- Plato or Socretes 

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.

• F

“He’s not the messiah, he’s a very naughty boy”

THIS IS MY BELOVED SON IN WHOM I AM WELL PLEASED 

AND 

I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE.

both said by God

• j153e

"The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself."  F. D. Roosevelt.

Second-best:  "You can fool some of the people all of the time, you can fool all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time."  Abraham Lincoln.

" go figure! "    

• keerok

On the history of computers: "640K ought to be enough for anybody."

Am I the only man to wake up into a nightmare?

Al Bundy

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."