Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareAdd-ons · 2 months ago

I'm looking to get an external hard drive for my PS4 what size would be a good size?

• opurt

A good size is one that's big enough to hold your games with room to grow, and that you can afford.

You can get 4TB USB 3.0 drives that power right off the USB port and don't need a separate power adapter, which is very convenient. If you don't mind the extra adapter, you can use up to an 8TB USB 3.0 drive as that's what Sony currently supports.

I have a WD 2TB external hard drive for my PC, it suits my needs. Depending on which games you have, you could probably store 50-250 games on it. A 2TB hard drive is ideal in my opinion.

• OlifantJagter

+Joe
      It is more than enough for the average gamer; however, if you play more than 50 games then I would recommend buying a hard drive with more storage.

2TB at the very least. since it's external still useful just make sure it's compatible i don't know how they work with consoles i assume no issues unless your looking at replacing your internal harddrive then that is something you need to look more into as far as size/compatibility goes by size i mean dimensions.