If I'm using someone else's wi-fi, how would they see what I'm doing on my phone?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Yes and no.

Most home routers do log activity. They can see when a device connects and disconnects from their wifi. They can also the URLs to which the devices goes. For example, they can see that you went to Facebook. But they can NOT see the information you sent to Facebook. They can not see what postings you look at or what reply you make. They would be able to see if went to different pages on Facebook site.

So yes they can see where you went, but no they can not see what you did there.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Damien
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

They wont, they cant do that, you know why, because even if youre using the wifi in your home, no one in your home can see what youre doing in your phone.

• 1 month ago

If they have set up their router correctly, they can track all of the websites visited on their network.  this is in addition to their internet supplier doing the same thing for the purpose of advertising.  So you will look up something and they will see a youtube commercial about what ever you were doing on their network.

• 1 month ago

Yes, including any passwords you put in, and they will have access to any accounts you access.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.