my nose stud fell out while I was sleeping, What do I do?!?

I got my nose pierced on march 14 and last night it fell out while I was sleeping. it has been about 4 months or so and I can't find the stud anywhere. what should I do?

• D50

If you're smart, you'll let the hole close up and stay away from tattoo and piercing parlors in the future.

• kelvin

you need to go back and have it de-done as it's closed seeing as how you waited 4 months

• LM440

If you can get a quality replacement, gently attempt to get in yourself.  If you cannot get  jewelry or don't feel comfortable trying to reinsert it get to a piercer.  The sooner this is addressed the less of an issue it will be.  Take care of it ASAP and good luck.  You don't want to lose this piercing.

• Laura

Go to your piercer and have them replace the jewelry.  You might end up needing this repierced. 

put a smaLLLLLL earing in

Obviously it's been a hot topic for you if it happened 4 months ago.  I would go back to the shop and ask to get another stud.  If the hole has grown over, you'll need to get it done again (no, it's unlikely to be free after 4 months).

Drill a big hole in some other part of your face and stick something disgusting into it. That will give you the same effect.

(I recommend putting it into your eyeball.)

Buy a new stud or use an earring if the post is short enough. My understanding is that nose piercings heal up quicker than most, so you don't want to leave the hole empty for long.