Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

One of the main circuits in my apartment wont come back on? ?

I can't get ahold of my landlord. But half my apartment doesn't have electricity. It tripped the other day when I was microwaving something I reset. Then hours later when nothing was running except maybe the fridge it tripped again. I turned off all the breakers and turned them back on. Is there anything else I can try? My fridge is thawing. So anything would be helpful. 

use extension cord to run the refrigerator from a different circuit temporarily.  sounds as if the circuit breaker needs to be replaced.

Run an extension cord from the fridge to a working outlet. Unplug everything in the non working section and see if it can be reset, if it can, it is one of your devices making it trip. If not, definitely get a hold of the landlord.

• Edwena

Get an extension plug and run the frige off of the good circuit. See if you can decrease the load and keep the bad circuit working.  Take a look at what you have and change it out to see if an appliance is causing the trip.  If not, it is probably a bad circuit breaker, and it will need to be replaced by the landlord.  Your refrigerator is supposed to be on a dedicated circuit.