antonio asked in HealthOther - Health · 2 months ago

is weed good for overall health or bad?

Im on a mission to tweak my daily routine in a way that serves me best.  Cigs obviously gotta go but there remains a question about weed.  Some say it causes problems with attention learning and memory while containing carcinogens causing lung damage, and others go as far as to say that it is a spiritual tool that allows us to search deep within our souls and pull the best things out of it.  I don't want to make a mistake.  Help me come up with a decision.  Thanks

Ask any physician and the vast majority will state that smoking weed is bad for your health. To what degree it is bad is debatable but research has shown at minimum it damages reward pathways in your brain. Also smoking anything is bad for your lungs.

Regardless of the supposed beneficial effects, inhaling smoke is still bad for you. Ask any fire fighter.

Generally BAD!

If used for a specific medical use, OK!

Medical use is a last resort, it means the disease is not treatable with current pharmaceuticals.

Doctors are not scientists, they depend on reading and experiments with you. "Try this, come back in two weeks".