First boot on sapphire pulse RX 5700 XT giving a "no signal" icon and then black screen on monitor?

Hi all. I just switched out my graphics card from a GTX 1060 3gb to a RX 5700 XT sapphire pulse. The cable is HDMI in gpu to HDMI in monitor since it doesn't take the same cable as the old graphics card. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-H110M-A and cpu is an i5-6500. The gpu lights up with the letters on the side, fans do not come on. I can successfully connect hdmi to motherboard to use its graphics, so I'm assuming the cable is ok. I just have no idea what else to try. 

Thank you

I did reseat the gpu as well as the RAM just in case(as advised by other sites)

• David

Initially reset the BIOS to defaults by moving the reset jumper to clr or removing the CR2032 for 10min and then replace

Remove the graphics card and use onboard graphics and do a BIOS update, then see if you can get the card to work.

• VPR_0000

Appreciate it but it didn't work. Just gonna return it and use my old gpu

you likely have to manually set the monitor to look for HDMI signal.  they're plenty dumb devices.  buttons under lower right bezel

If the GPU displays a code, why don't you try Googling it?

• VPR_0000

I did.t and I tried most of the fixes to no avail