Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 1 month ago

If a runner breathes on you can you catch coronavirus from them?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

yes they can---if they are asymptomatic (have no symptoms) and are carrying the disease--they can give it to you as they run by and get close to you--or if you are behind them running, walking, biking.....because they leave a trail behind them---now it they are wearing a mask--probably not.  this is why wearing masks is important.

• ...Show all comments
    • Jake1 month agoReport

Absolute and utter nonsense! I don't even know how this has made it to favourite answer. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Coronavirus is a contact contagion, not an airborne contagion. What this means is that it can be spread through contact with respiratory droplets, and is transmitted in much the same manner as other respiratory viruses. Unlike other viruses such as ebola, it is not extensively airborne.

• 1 month ago

Yes if a liquid comes from their breath.

• 1 month ago

Simply breathing will not infect a person with corona virus. There must be coughing or spitting activity. Then the runner will infect the person nearby. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If a runner breathes on you, you can't catch corona virus from simply being breathed on. A corona virus isn't an airborne illness. For you to get infected from a runner, the runner would have to be infected with the virus, and he would have to run right up next to you and cough or spit directly into your face and spew infected droplets into your nose and mouth. 

How likely is THAT to happen?

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

no no you can not

• They would have to cough or sneeze on you with in 6 feet of you. Or you would have to touch a surface / object that they did then touch your eyes, or mouth. 

If they know they're infected they shouldn't be running out side, they should be staying at home until they've recovered. 

• i caught a covid19 from trump looking at me through my tv

• 1 month ago

Maybe, if they have it.

• 1 month ago

If they can run, they probably don't have the virus, even in a mild form.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.