As an adult, what in your childhood had the most powerful effect on how you grew to be the person you are today?

When I went to juvie in 9th grade. Made me realize that I seriously needed to change my ways otherwise things were NOT gonna go well for me in the immediate future.

• Will

Honestly, nothing from my childhood has really played a role in who I am today. I am only 26, so it's not like it was that long ago, but I am the way I currently am today because opinions I've developed over the years as a more aware and informed adult.

My childhood was a difficult one because I grew up with brain damage sustained during my birth, epilepsy as a result, and some behavioral troubles too. If you want me to split hairs, I can say undergoing a partial right temporal lobectomy to overcome the epilepsy and troubles definitely allowed me to become more. I sure as hell wouldn't be where I am today had I not had the brain surgery or if it wasn't successful.

i had a decent loving upbringing  

my upbringing, obviously + the people around me who had a positive impact on me, and another thing but I won't say it, it's personal.

Had a broken family.