Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 1 month ago

Tattoo cracking advice?

I got my first tattoo about 10 days ago (May 20) and within the past couple days I noticed cracking. It's being accompanied by some mostly mild itching that comes and goes, but it can get pretty intense for a short moment (not sure if normal). I've been washing with antibacterial soap and moisturizing thinly with Aveeno Baby lotion after mostly 2x a day. Is this normal and just part of the process? or am I doing something wrong? What should I do?

Also, yes I have messaged my tattoo artist about this yesterday, but they've yet to get back to me.

Non scented soap should be used. Anti bacterial dries skin up which is why there's cracking. A sign it's being dried up. I was mine 3 times a day - morn, noon and night. Apply lotion after it and let it air dry. If you need to apply lotion in between washes then do it! Just don't over do it. 

You should’ve used non-scented lotion and not antibacterial soap. You don’t want your tattoo to dry out, you want to go easy with the lotion too. Don’t scratch at it, just slap it if it starts to itch. 

The tat is healing . zDO NOT PICK AT IT . I'd it's scabbing up , and itching FONT SCRATCH IT try wrapping the area to avoid reactively wanting to scratch your arm . Call the tat artist back as many times as you have to Seriously do that Each tat artist agree on certain care steps But not all of them Ask him what he recommends and keep calling him until you get through to him