Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 month ago

Can I sue the hospital my baby was born at?

I was refused a bottle to feed my son - I was at the hospital for 39 hours I even brought my own formula but did not know how to mix it being this is my first child everything is new to me. asking the nurse to show me the first day she never did. I was dosed on high levels of Percocet after a long hard labor and out of it. Since I was breast feeding my baby kept waking up at one point the nurse woke him up at 1:30 and I put him on my breast and fell asleep because of the drugs Nurse did not check on my until her shift ended at 6:30 on April 4 my son was born April 2.seen my baby on my chest and barely could think or move from exhaustion! I was begging the nursing to help me and saying he was hungry and I was too tired to watch him - that was at 29 hours 6:30 am pressing the red nurse button going on and on how I was tired my son was screaming crying what I now know to be hunger cries I pleaded for help and looking back everything is a blur. I just know they didn’t check on us all night and refused my request to give him a bottle until they got clearence from the pediatrician that didn’t come into the hospital until 10 am- then it took until 1 pm to get us bottles my son got dehydrated when I got home and is levels were not checked. He had brick dust on his diaper. I gave him a bottle at 4pm on April 4 and he drank 2 oz which breaks my heart knowing he went hungry for so longfor the past month suffering from ptsd from such traumatic events throughout my stay in the hospital. 

• Edna

It sounds like you opted for a "rooming-in" arrangement for you and the baby - where the baby stays in the room with you all the time, instead of in the Nursery. God help us all - I don't know why anyone would want to do that. But, be that as ii may -- No - you can't sue the hospital. Your baby wasn't harmed or abused; or neither were you.

How could the baby get "brick dust" on his diaper?  Did you have bricks in your room?

If you wanted to bottle feed the baby instead of breast feeding, you should have made that clear with your doctor well in advance of the baby's birth. Your doctor would have alerted the Nursery staff; and at feeding time, a nurse would have brought you an already mixed-up bottle of formula. 

Yes you can. I sued when I paid for the baby to be aborted from my wife instead of it being born. It was born by accident but I still nevertheless took the baby and dropped it in the middle of grand central station. Hope it grows up living a miserable life. If it ever finds me I'm gonna abort its face with my fist 

You can always sue if you have the money to pay an attorney and court filing fees.

Oh, you mean do you have a case?  No.

• edward

Hospitals hire the best lawyers to defend against people like you.  Nurses are overworked and underpaid, especially in these times.  You can try to sue the hospital but you probably won’t win. 

That is totally unacceptable, and put the baby's health at risk.  Call a lawyer--the first consultation is generally free.

Sure hire a lawyer ! But will you win ? Unlikely.

Btw, you have already asked this question😉

• Kieth

If you were in the crap dungeon of America, this never would have happened, enjoy your free healthcare system.

• Georgina1 month agoReport

that's adorable that you think this wouldn't happen in the united states