Could you be friends with someone who believes your sexuality is a “sin”, according to their bible?

A longtime friend of mine just expressed these beliefs to me. I’ve never heard her say this in the years we have been friends. She says she doesn’t judge me and she loves the sinner, not the sin. I think it’s BS, to be honest. It’s deep seeded homophobia disguised as religious beliefs. 

What do I even do from here? Have you been in a similar situation?

Gov't is killing you with high frequency electricity. Theotokos VirginMary gave prayers to "Schema-nun Antonia" on how to save aborted babies from hell. If you pray these prayers diligently, aborted babies are released from hell. On each painted nail there are forty demons. Smoking is censer to the devil.Using foul language calls upon Pagan deities (aka demons); Holy Spirit departs on seven meters. People who use drugs see demons who cleverly disguise themselves as ghosts and aliens.America will be last country to switch to Euro (antichrist's world currency). Contraceptives = abortion;using contraceptives for one year = five aborted kids.Miscarriages happen because of high heels; cesarean because of pants (second generation cesarean will be infertile).Unbaptized aborted/miscarried/unborn babies burn in hell until Final Judgement; if pregnant, keep the kid and deliver at home because kids are chipped using IVs and vaccines in hospitals. Dentists and doctors chip patients secretly. Ultrasound leads to mark of the beast; don't do ultrasound, please. Abortion leads to breast cancer; a demon is released from hell for each aborted kid. Dogs can become possessed; don't keep dogs inside your home [Pelageya of Ryazan]. Walmart has technology to administer mark of the beast to those who have cat bacteria in their stomachs; stay away from cats [Athanasius 3rd of Constantinople]. Next false flag is the Statue of Liberty. Above earth there is ice (hemisphere); when rockets go up they bring ice down from upper sky to lower sky; ice stuck in lower sky will fall on us during Apocalypse. Earth is flat; earth stands on three pillars (The Most Holy Trinity); pillars stand on water at zero Kelvin; underneath this ice there is a bubble; and then the abyss. Zodiac is planetary prison of demons; don't believe in horoscopes or you'll exhibit the traits of the trapped demons. Most thoughts and dreams are from demons; demons never do good. Sleep fully clothed; pray the Jesus prayer. Pray to your guardian angel to have normal sleep. Vyacheslav Krasheninnikov was the last prophet before Apostle John (who wrote the Book of Revelation), Enoch, Elijah, resurrected Seraphim of Sarov, and resurrected Sergius of Radonezh will preach against the antichrist. Humans were created about 7530 years ago. Birds participate in time creation. It's a sin to kill birds. Dinosaurs live under our level; they will get out through sinkholes and lakes; to kill them, go for their nerves. Save the birds; but kill the dinosaurs. First dinosaur will come out of Volga River in Russia. Scientists don't see dinosaurs under our level because of radiation. Sinkholes happen because people dig for resources underground and because earth is heating up. Demons grow human skin (from a sample taken during abduction) and put it on so as to look like us. Demons will invite people to be healed inside their UFOs; those who go will be like zombies after. Gov't provides demons with diamonds and allows demons to abduct people. If you're being abducted, slowly pray the Jesus prayer. Don't panic. Demons use diamonds and souls to power their UFO craft. The bigger the diamond, the more it lasts. Demons have 4 UFO bases: 1)moon 2)inside fake mountain Kailash (Tibet) 3)in lake Baikal in Russia 4)in Atlantis which is underneath double ocean floor of Mariana Trench (Pacific Ocean). There are no aliens. Nobody lives on other planets. Airplanes that go down are hit by demons because they need the airspace to fight Jesus. Antichrist is pale with red eyes. He's possessed by Satan since he's 12 years old [Lavrentiy Chernigovskiy]. He flies super fast; deceived people will say: "Christ is here; Christ is there" when he's flying from one city to the next very fast. He wears gloves to hide long nails. He's surrounded by demons who appear as angels of light. Antichrist will trick people that he can do mountain moving and resurrection using holograms/hypnosis; fire from the sky is real because of pollution gases in the atmosphere. Antichrist will have food only for 6 months; then he will feed his 666ed people flour from mashed up turtles (Tavrion Batozskiy), but this won't be enough because 666ed people are 10 times as angry and 7 times as hungry as normal people even though 666ed people became shorter (3-4 feet tall = 80 - 120 cm) because nanochips do function of organs (organs diminish) [Nilus Myrrhgusher]. If you have a lot of nanochips in your forearm, then you will not be able to make proper Orthodox sign of the cross (last mercy for you will be to cut your forearm off). Nanochips are sprayed by the gov't using chemtrails; they're also in gov't food and medicine; so, eat food from your own garden. In case garden is destroyed by ice from the sky, have chickens for eggs and goats for milk (Paisios). Lipstick contains cells of aborted fetuses, dog fat, and placenta; human flesh is in McDonalds, Pepsi, toothpaste, antiaging, anticancer, vaccines, perfume, etc.; that's why you should not be using anything that modern society has to offer. You're better off hiding within a 10-15 people group in order to escape Apocalypse. During Apocalypse, Chrtistians will eat dirt from under pussywillowtree as it's filled with tears of Theotokos Virgin Mary; this water will flee if a 666ed person tries to get it. Barcode is Druid black magic curse; QRcode is Mayan curse; when food is scanned, it becomes dead because laser is a substance from demons. Don't go into a UFO to be healed by demons. Unforgivablegreen666 is given by isotope rays on wrist or forehead when people stretch hands to receive small plastic grey card with no name on it (World Passport). It doesn't just have to be during this procedure (could be anything you sign up for or anywhere where there is a secret scanner); biometrics (fingerprints, eyes scan) or getting picture for passport are very dangerous because they could mark you secretly. GabrielUrgebadze said that they do it on index finger when they scan your finger. Basically, try to avoid new documents at all cost. Police will microchip and isotope ray people on highways. Chipped people will be influenced by computers to take grey plastic card; but when they do, green mark by isotope rays is given on forehead/wrist. Food stores will isotope ray people too. Antichrist will also release prisoners/insaneasylumpeople to mark people. Reject 666 at all cost because it leads to permanent hell. If you're about to be marked, pray the Jesus prayer. Hide with OrthodoxChristians to escape 666; leave all electronics behind so that antichrist's minions can'ttrack you; burn documents because they're from Satan. TheMostHolyTrinity gives you a name during baptism; devil gives an antiname during antibaptism (ex. SocialSecurityNumber). People who die with these Satanicdocuments go to concentrationcamp in hell to await FinalJudgement; once the BEASTComputer is burned down, souls will be released for FinalJudgement. That's why you should give back documents of your deceasedrelatives back to the gov't so that the gov't cancels these digital antichristiannames given during antibaptism by the beastsystem; or just burn thesedocuments because gov't could get upset and could send demons to mark you because of this outright act of defiance. Prophecy from halfamillennium ago describes FinalJudgement like this: Jesus was very upset with people who had littleboards (plasticcards) in their hands because they wanted discount from the antichrist. Give to charity in the name of ArchangelMichael; he rescues people from temporaryhell twice a year [at midnight September18-19 and similarly on November20-21; pray at these times on your knees remembering the deceased by names (adding "and relatives by flesh up to Adam") so that they are rescued if they're in hell] (or brings them up a level, that is, to a level with lesspunishment; eventually, people arefreed). Feed thepigeons; when pigeons bow down, people are saved from temporaryhell. It's a big sin to remember the dead with wreaths (because demons put these wreaths on their necks if they're in hell with their hands tied up behind their back while hanging by their wrists), meat, alcohol, sweets, and worldlymusic. Demons print icons of saints in newspapers so that you throw these newspapers in the trash blaspheming these saints. Crosses on soles of shoes and back of pants are blasphemy. Demons make carpets with crosses and put them on sidewalks so that people walk on crosses. Playing cards mock how Jesus suffered on the cross: clubs(cross on which Jesus wascrucified), diamonds (fournails Jesus was crucified with), hearts (sponge with vinegar that Jesus was given to drink),spades (spear with which Jesus waspierced).Cremation is devilworship; only blasphemers such as Lenin should be burned; if Lenin is buried, earth will be polluted, and China will attack Russia because of this.After China attacks Russia, RuskiOrthodoxTsar (shown by resurrected SeraphimofSarov) will come to power in Russia;this Tsar will slay traitors inside church and gov't; asaresult, Russia will be the only country not under the antichrist.Ecumenism = 263 heresies;each heresy leads to hell. In 2006 in Moscow (that's why Moscow will sink),representatives from most religions signed a document where it says that all religions worship the same SupremeBeing [aka thedevil]. Priests who participate in ecumenism will have Pagans walking on theirheads in hell. ArkhimandriteAntoninKapustin left a prophecy that Church of All Russian Saints in Gorny Monastery, EinKarem, Israel will be blessed by forerunner of antichrist; PatriarchKirillofRussia and MarkofBerlin blessed this church in 2007. When priests pray for current gov't (instead of praying for future Tsar),Jesus gets up from His throne and turns His back to them. Forgive me.

Source(s): Womenwearheadscarvestiedatthefronttopreventheadachesfromskypushingdownandtopreventthroatcancer. Megatsunami forNewYork willbe400 meters;then engulfed-in-lava LosAngeles willbe floodedtoo; also, asteroid destroys Gulf of Mexico; onlyAlaska (soonwilljoinRussia), Eurasia, and Africa remain (obviously without coasts). 1stbigearthquake in Russia; 2nd bigger one in China (willbesplitinhalf; people will fall into this hole;radiation!); 3rdbiggestwillbeintheUSA (GreekOrthodoxmonkElidiyfromAfrica). Mutantsfromgov’tlabswillescapeaftertheearthquake; youneed guns/ammo todealwiththem; if gov’ttries to take your guns away, givethemonewhile leavingthreehidden (to deal with mutants). If gov’t will take you to a concentration camp, have a bag of old very worn warm clothes (so that they won’t be stolen when you’retakingashower)and specialcuptomeltsnow. Ifthelastdescendantrejectsmarkofthebeast,then his/her ancestors goto heaven (saintVyacheslavKrasheninnikov=ArchangelUriel); forgive me.

She os correct.  Christians must understand sin,  but  we all are guilty ps spme ourselves,  and we need tp love the sinner and bring him to  Christ.

Source(s): Bible

I grew up in a Catholic, conservative family and went to a private Catholic school. I heard endless preaching from people. I also saw lots of them exhibiting hypocritical double standards. I was taught that homosexuality is a sin that will send someone to hell (Revelations, if I remember correctly.) I was a kid so I never really thought deeply about it.

Then, as I grew up, I questioned the whole concept of religion and the idea of a supreme being. I questioned the bible and the veracity of Catholic teachings on all subjects. Now, I'm an atheist. I don't think being gay is wrong because it's just the way you're born. If there was actually a god who created the universe, then surely he created gay people too so why would he purposely create sinners? It wouldn't make any sense. I'm a straight woman so it doesn't directly affect me, but I don't believe in judging people on traits they can't change.

So, my opinion on this girl is that she's been indoctrinated and not been able to break free from her brainwashing. It's not really her fault. Most religious people can't and don't question the nonsense they're taught. I'm still friends with a few of the people I grew up with even though I know some of them disagree with the fact that I'm unmarried but live with my boyfriend. I still love my family even though I disagree with some of their beliefs. Whether you maintain the friendship with her is your choice, but remember that her religion has probably been instilled into her and it's not necessarily her fault.  

• Ocimom

You are wrong.  We all sin in one way or another.  Homosexuality is the same sin as

murder or stealing is in God's eyes.  We can love the person and still hate the sin.  God still loves you and wants you to turn away from your sin.  If the person is a long time friend you don't just hate them for saying what is true.  They still love you as a person even if they disagree with your lifestyle.

Why would a person be afraid of a homosexual in the first place.  A phobia is fear of something.  I'm not afraid of homosexual but I do not accept the sin of homosexuality any more then I don't accept the sin of murder.  

After all, Jesus told the prostitute Mary Magdelene to "go and sin no more" - to turn from that lifestyle.  He loved her, but hated the sin.

Sounds like your longtime friend has become a little pretentious now she's found the Bible.  She says she still loves you but doesn't like your way of life.  Fair enough.  She's entitled to her opinion just as you are entitled to yours.  I don't see why you cannot remain friends.  Just make a pact never to discuss religion together and you'll both be OK and can carry on regardless.  It's like if she suddenly wanted to walk around naked all the time.  As long as she didn't expect you to do it as well, what the heck?  You'd just view it as 'my best friend is a bit strange but I still like her'.  Hopefully she can pop you in the 'strange' category and never refer to your sexuality again.

It's deep seated.  No, that has never happened to me.  My cousin has converted to some religion that spends a GREAT deal of time preaching to people who do not belong to their religion.  I'm divorced and remarried.  He thinks I'm on my way to H*ll.  We just don't discuss religion.  It's that simple.

Of course, I don't judge other people and their emotional/mental health problems.  Maybe your friend is homophobic.  Maybe she isn't.  If you think she's homophobic ask her about it.

Have you ever been friends with a durnkard?  I have.  My best friend was one.... Being a friend to someone does not mean they consider your their friend.  Hopefully he remembers I was there when he needed me for his sake.... 

If she was homophobic, she would not be friends with you. There are many gay Christians, so it is entirely possible to reconcile faith and a religous sin with friendship.

He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. John 8:7

Christ himself acknowledged that all men ( I don't speak Aramaic, it is possible he said meant all people, but the bible was written and translated by men) are sinful, and that no one is in a position to judge another because of it. All that is required is penitence and all will be forgiven. If you are not a believer then you do not need to repent, as she is not gay she has nothing to repent. Everybody wins.

I had friends whose political beliefs were diametrically opposed to mine, didn't stop us being friends and made for some very interesting late night conversations. Religion is the same.

Not for long certainly....  Anyone who is anti-gay and believes that sin exists would not travel in my circles..  

• Ocimom

Sin exists.  We ALL sin in one way or another.

Depends if they looked down on me or were truly and sadly concerned for my well being