Can you bake a no-bake cheesecake?

I saw a recipe I like for a no bake cheesecake however I’m looking to make a baked one. Anyone know if things would turn out okay if I baked it?

Typically a no bake cheesecake has ingredients that you do not bake.  Some call for gelatin, in that case your "set" cheesecake would melt with the heat of the oven. 

Some call for whipped cream or some call for a "non dairy topping"  (cool whip type stuff) and that would melt. 

Look for a cheesecake you bake if you want to bake a cheesecake. 

You can't bake a no-bake cheesecake. If you want a great recipe for a BAKED one, here is one I love:

Peaches and Cream Cheesecake

Oven 350F

Use a 9” deep dish pie pan, or 10” pie plate, grease bottom and sides.

CAKE:

Combine in a large bowl:

¾ cup flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

½ teaspoon salt

1 small (3-1/4 oz) box of dry vanilla pudding mix – NOT instant

3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened

1 egg

½ cup milk

Mix well, pour into prepared pan.

1 15-ounce can sliced peaches, drained—reserve juice (can also use pineapple chunks)

Arrange peach slices or pineapple on top of batter, to within 1 inch of edges.

FILLING:

1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened

½ cup sugar

3 tablespoons reserved fruit juice

Mix well until fluffy and creamy. Spoon filling on top of fruit and batter to within ½ inch of edge. Sprinkle a mixture of sugar and cinnamon on top lightly.

Bake 30-35 minutes until the top is golden brown—filling will appear soft. Chill a couple hours in the refrigerator before serving to set the filling.

Nope. It will melt. You can add the same flavorings to a baked cheesecake with eggs and sour cream cream though. Maybe add more flavoring, but the idea is the same.

• Sathi

You can't bake something that's no-bake. It will result in an inedible mess and you'll toss it out.

no, ive never been good at baking

Can you? Yes. Should you? Hell, no!